Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Running for the Border!!!

Hilarious Story, I have to share. I was walking home today , and it was kind of far from home. And I didn't have a ride so I called Conner and asked if he could meet me and walk home with me, so I don't have to be alone. I am so afraid of being attacked by a dog, so what do I do call my kids and have them be my safety net and hello put there life in danger in case a dog comes along!! I am not a very smart mom sometimes. Anyway back to my story, so I call Conner and he totally comes to walk with me and we decide it would be faster if we hop over the wall to our backyard. Well two things one I haven't hopped over a wall in about 15 years and two I am wearing a skirt. So lets figure this out here. Conner suggested that he would help me over the wall, and this is where I started to laugh out loud! Well then I said maybe you could hop over the wall first and go get me a pair of shorts and then I will put those on and make my wall hopping a little more modest. So he got me a pair of shorts alright, hello Ben's shorts! I was laughing even harder at this point. So anyway I put them on and then here is the real challenge of trying to get my big booty over this wall. I felt so illegal!! But anyway Conner helped me over detail by detail of where my legs were supposed to go and where my hands were supposed to go and before you know it I was over the wall in approximately 10 min. That was pretty good and I didn't even get a scratch or anything. Conner was my hero and he didn't even laugh at me, thanks Conner for helping me cross the border!!! All in all I don't know if I really saved time by hopping the fence that took so long or just walking all the way around! But hopping the fence was a little more living on the edge I do have to say!!

6 comments:

Cami D. said...

Well even if you didn't save time you sure got a great story out of it. conner is such a great kid!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

First things first, GREAT NEW LOOK AND YAY FOR A POST! ♥ the header with the kids b & w pics. Your kids are so dang cute! All of them. That is a funny story. I was LOL just reading it and i can picture you through the whole thing. Keep those posts coming now that it is cute again!

P.S. Paige made us watch the jib jab from last Aug and she was so giggly! ;)

Jenna said...

Shannon!! That is so awesome...I could totally see myself doing something like that. I can't believe Cam is baptized. I still want her to marry Scout. She has big kid teeth and everything. Scout is still working on that!!! I love the blog header, I need to learn that!!! I totally miss seeing you. Denim is almost 1...sad huh!! Now Ali is moving and I won't see her either. Do you want to come swim????? I would love it. I am calling you.

Val said...

This is hilarious!
I can totally see this happening like I was there watching and laughing!

stephanie said...

ok LOOOOOOVVVVVVE the new look, how did you do your header, it is very cute! i love all the picts too, your kids are BEAUTIFUL! hey thanks for letting me into the felix blog :) how is cade feeling about swim team, taden is totally changing his mind :(

Cami D. said...

Did I JUST NOW learn that Conner's friends were in the kitchen watching this "illegal event" of running for the border? HA HA HA DORK!