Sunday, September 30, 2007

Life is Great!!

Sometimes do you just sit and wonder what life would be like if you made a different choice. I think we all do that at least once in our lifetime(I might more than others). But then you see in futuristic movies that you can make a different choice and it totally makes the whole entire movie a different picture to watch. Is that something that I would like to jeapordize, I don't think so. I want to have my same bff's, I want my children to be who they are, I want to have my callings in life,and I wouldn't change anything about my family, they rock!!
Sometimes life can just be hard and sometimes you think what can happen next, but in all honesty it is all about how you handle it. This world is a crazy one, and there are so many things that can make or break you. I just have decided not to be broken.
There is a song I love and it pretty much says it all........

Never had an ordinary day
Never lived your life in an ordinary way
For everything you loved you paid a price
But you couldn’t let the world see you cry

Never had a moment of peace
Never felt the sunlight when the worries set you free
Every time your life turned a page
It seemed like your heart might break

With the world on your shoulders
When the nights had grown colder
You seemed to weather every storm
With a queen’s grace
I’m sure the angels stood in reverence as you prayed
How much can one heart take


It is so true, how much can one heart take, well apparently my heart is pretty strong and I think I can give one darn good transplant when I am gone from this earth. Can I just tell you that I love my testimony, that is the most wonderful thing a person can have. I think it is the band-aid on my ouchies(mama talk). I am not going to be broken!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are strong!! That's all there is too it. I couldn't go through some of the things you have been through, you have and are and probably always be a great example to me.

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Shannon, you AMAZE me!!! I am having a pity party for myself over NOTHING. You are so strong and there is nothing more important than not letting your testimony get rocked to the core. I can't believe how positive you stay. You guys are in our prayers and we love you! Can't wait to hang with you at school tomorrow!

Val said...

You are the most amazing person ever! Wish I was there. Maybe sometime soon.
Love ya!

Cami D. said...

Shannon you just might be my HERO - I love how strong you are...thanks for being my wick. Brian, Jess and Val are right - YOU ARE AMAZING AND STRONG! I'm so glad you're in my world!!

PS. has it seemed like forever since I saw you?

Jenna said...

You are the best Shannon! I get daily talks from Damon that life is what you make it. LIke Hanna Montana sings...Life's what you make it. There are so many people with so many trials and they amaze me with their attitude and faith. I only hope to be that way, but you are on your way!